Pages

January 22, 2012

Welcome!

I've had a personal blog for about a year now and my students have been blogging all year, but I feel it is time for me to start giving back to the education community.  I have learned so much from the education blogs I follow and I only hope to give a bit of that back.

The name of the blog comes from Lady Antebellum's song I Was Here.  The song has always lifted my spirits and reminded me of what I should be doing in life - reaching out to others.  Teaching is one way that I'm leaving my mark - one student at a time.

You won't notice me, I'll be leaving my mark like initials carved in an old oak tree.
You wait and see.
Maybe I'll write like Twain wrote, maybe I'll paint like Van Gogh, cure the common cold
I don't know, but I'm ready to start cause I know in my heart -
I wanna do something that matters, say something different,
something that sets the whole world on its ear
I wanna do something better with the time I've been given
and I wanna try to touch a few hearts in this life
and leave nothing less than something that says 'I was here'

No comments:

Post a Comment