Pages

August 25, 2013

Candyland: Letters & Sounds Edition

Only another week before I get to meet my little ones!  My classroom is starting to look ready for my cherubs, but it's not quite there yet.  Thank goodness for another week to work!

I did a little work this weekend on some more literacy activities to use with my little friends.  One activity I worked on was a Candyland game for them to play to practice their letter recognition during the first weeks of school.  We can also use it for letter sounds!  Students must say the letter's name or sound before being able to move to the color indicated on their card.  Doubles mean they can move two color spaces.

I love games like this because not only does it make learning and practice fun, but students are also developing social skills!  Bonus!
 
Click the image if you'd like a copy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment